Friday, March 23, 2012

Busy Bags

A friend of mine asked if I wanted to be a part of a busy bag swap, and I was all over that! We ended up having 6 people, and we each are doing 3 busy bags, for a total of 18 bags. I'm so excited to see what else I get.

My bags are pretty simple, I tried to keep it that way for my 2 year old but still be interesting to a 3 and 4 year old. 

The first bag has popsicle stick puzzles. I just used the sample pictures from my computer and glued them to colored popsicle sticks I found at Joann's.
 For the second bag, I cut shapes out of craft foam and punched holes all the way around. Not quite as sturdy as the classic lacing cards, but they still work nonetheless. And a shoestring for lacing, which is quite important because you want the stiff, plastic end so it goes through each hole easily.
 Last but not least, an "I Spy" bottle. I found a bunch of small items around my house and at Joann's and Walmart and put them in clean water bottles filled with rice. It makes it easier if you put half the rice in, then the small items, and fill 3/4 with rice. You want to make sure your items will fit through the mouth of the bottle, I had to cut one apart after the dice I bought got stuck. Interestingly, our Yatzee dice fit just fine, so I stole them... I photographed all the items and labeled them before putting them in the bottle. I printed the photograph and laminated it.
I can't wait to see the other bags I am getting, it will be nice to have something other than books and cars to entertain the babies when we are out and about.

No comments: