Thursday, March 3, 2011

Monogrammed Trifle Dish

I made this dish for my Mom long before I heard anything about Silhouette or Cricut or any vinyl cutter for that matter.
I did this using contact paper, actually. I printed the letter "E" off the computer in the size/font I wanted, then traced it backward onto the contact paper backing (where the grids are). I used an Exacto knife to cut it out by hand. Which, let me tell you, takes patience and slooooow moving. It was easier than a letter with curves in it.

In the future, I could totally use a Silhouette (hint hint husband)... anyway, using the outline I cut I put the contact paper on the dish and covered the exposed glass with glass etch cream (you can find it at Michael's or any other craft store). Leave for 5 minutes, rinse, and you are done!

No comments: