Friday, February 18, 2011

Portable DVD Case

For Christmas I bought my husband a portable DVD player to use on car trips. Meaning: I bought it so I could use it to entertain the baby on our cross country move last month.

Regardless, it was an awesome purchase. However, it had no case so I was always sticking the extra cords in the glove box or the console, then promptly forgetting where I put them.

So, of course, I had to sew a case for it, right? I didn't do any kind of tutorial for it, because frankly, I had no idea what I was doing. I just figured it out as I went along. And I just had to applique a 'J' on the front so everyone knows it belongs to us!
To keep the screens nice and safe, I used 3/4" foam for the bag and the center divider. The center divider also has a pocket for each cord.
For the straps, I used 1" webbing that I attached on the sides starting on the bottom and sewing all the way up. The flap doesn't have any foam in it and attaches to the front with velcro.

Definitely one of my favorite projects to date. Or at least the cutest.

1 comment:

Kyle and Jillian said...

I need to do something like this too, though mine would be for a computer. So cute!